This just received from Will Gardner of Childnet International:
Safer Internet Day is now just a week away and we’ve put together the following resources to aid schools in preparing for it:
* Check out 10 quick ideas for both PRIMARY and SECONDARY teachers around the theme of ‘think before you post’.
* Childnet & SWGfL have devised ‘think before you post’ related drama activities and scenarios for both PRIMARY and SECONDARY audiences.
Safer Internet Day Know IT All update:
* On Safer Internet Day itself we will be launching a TOOLKIT OF RESOURCES FOR SECONDARY TEACHERS. This new Know IT All resource will be available online at www.childnet.com/kia<http://www.childnet.com/kia> and will contain practical and easy to use lesson plans and resources on a range of subjects, including copyright, digital citizenship, social networking, cyberbullying and grooming. This work has been supported by the TDA, the UKCCIS and Becta.
* Childnet has partnered with ITV’s Signed Stories to produce the Adventures of Kara, Winston and the SMART crew in British Sign Language. The first BSL chapter will be released on SID.
* Watch out for the new promotional film for the Know IT All suite of resources. Produced with the support of Becta, the TDA and UKCCIS – this will be available from SID.
Finally, to aid Childnet’s future development of KIA, we have produced an online evaluation form for those who have used or who are using any of the Know IT All resources (i.e. Know IT All for Parents, Know IT All for Primary, Know IT All for Secondary and Know IT All for Trainee teachers). Your feedback is very important to us. This form can be found online at www.childnet.com/kia<http://www.childnet.com/kia> and I would like to encourage any of you who can to take 5 minutes to provide feedback on these.