After observing an on-screen test this morning I would recommend teachers making sure their students can do the following:
- When working on a spreadsheet, after making alterations to the data they should check the formulas have updated and are correct.
- When the students are asked ‘to go on to the internet’ they need to understand that it means open up the web browser application.
- When they need an image from the internet they need to copy the image from the page and then paste it into the correct document. I know this is not good practice but it is the only way to do it within the software.
- When needed to put hyperlinks from a button, within the presentation software, they should click insert action button (?!?) and not hyperlink.
- Students show know how to change data types within a database.
These are all I can remember, if you have any more tips then please feel free to leave a comment here.